Energy Interop Server & System™ (EISS™) is an OpenADR 2.0 standard‐based Virtual Top Node (VTN) or server that automates secure, scalable two-way communications from energy providers to commercial, industrial and residential consumers of demand response, price, and telemetry data.
EISS™ Virtual Top Node Server
What Does EISS™ Do?
EISS allows energy providers to communicate in near real time with their customers in the following ways:
- Covey energy price (Locational Marginal Price (LMP), hourly, or some other type).
- Send Demand Response (DR) events and receive confirmation of curtailment.
- Receive notification of Price Responsive Demand (PRD) or economic curtailment actions.
- Easily sort and automatically forward notifications from energy providers to their customers.
- Monitor load behavior in near real time.